Everyone deserves to feel safe while they are at home. Unfortunately, many homes are targets for burglaries. Burglars are more likely to break into a home when it looks like it is unoccupied. Many homeowners do not realize that they need elevated security to protect their homes from intruders. To ensure your home and neighborhood are safe, you should consider reaching out to a skilled and determined Residential Security Expert. In addition, please continue to follow along to learn what precautions you can take to protect your home from burglars.
What can I do to protect my home from burglars?
The most effective ways in which you can protect your home from burglars include the following:
- Ensure your home looks occupied. You can do so by installing motion sensors and a light switch timer. Timers can allow you to turn your inside and outdoor lights on when you are away. This can help make it look like there are people at home. Motion sensors can help you detect criminal activity.
- Ensure all of your doors and windows are locked before going to sleep or leaving the house. If a door or window is left unlocked, it makes it easier for burglars to access your home.
- Ensure your garage is locked. Many people forget to close their garages which gives burglars easy access to their valuables. People typically store vehicles, barbecues, lawnmowers, bicycles, pool supplies, etc.
- If you are away on vacation, have a neighbor or friend pick up your mail. If a pile of mail accumulates on your doorstep, burglars will take it as a sign that the home is not occupied.
- Avoid posting that you are away on vacation on your social media. If you post that you are away on a business trip or vacation, burglars will take advantage of the fact that you are absent to break into your home.
- Ensure you have adequate exterior lighting. You need to make sure the outside of your house is well-lit so any potential threats can be seen clearly on surveillance cameras. In addition, having sufficient outside lighting helps homeowners detect any type of criminal activity.
- Hire a Port Security residential security expert. We can install and set up state-of-the-art surveillance cameras and security alarms to deter and document criminal activity. We will conduct a security assessment to determine any vulnerabilities in your home’s security. As a homeowner, you should have surveillance cameras installed that are positioned in every entryway.
Ultimately, the most effective way to protect your home from burglars and intruders is by hiring a residential security expert. Allow our experts to assist you in increasing your overall security to deter criminal activity from your home or gated community.