If you’re responsible for running a company, it’s imperative to recognize the importance of implementing network security. It’s every business’s worst nightmare to have their network, infrastructure, and data illegally obtained through a cyberattack. Taking the necessary precautions and implementing various cyber security measures to improve your network security is vital. If you need to improve your network security, contact Port Security Services to learn how our Cyber Security experts can assist you today. Please continue reading to learn how to protect your company’s network.
What are some of the best ways to secure my company’s network?
To safeguard their sensitive data and networks, a business must use various cybersecurity strategies. The following include but are not limited to some security tools companies should implement to enhance their network security.
- Apply encryption security measures. End-to-end encryption (E2EE) ensures that data shared through a network is secure and only authorized users can access the data. E2EE ensures that authorized personnel can access shared data without interception. When employees share data with other employees or a business shares data with another business, the data is decrypted with a password when the encrypted data reaches the intended authorized user. This enhances security measures, ensures your company’s network is secure, and mitigates the risk of data breaches through cyberattacks.
- Install a firewall. Setting up a firewall is one of the most frequently utilized security measures companies use to filter incoming and outgoing network traffic. It allows or blocks traffic based on the company’s preset policies. Firewalls can be installed on individual devices, which can help safeguard against malicious malware. A business can even install a firewall on their internet connection with a web application firewall (WAF), an additional layer of protection against potential breaches into a network.
- Install a virtual private network (VPN). A virtual private network encrypts internet connections and data transfers, which provides a built-in kill switch to disconnect hardware in the network if a protected connection is lost, meaning it will encrypt data and mask their IP address to provide a more secure internet connection between a computing device and a computer network, or between two networks. If your company has remote employees or workers who travel for business, installing a VPN is crucial to secure your network data.
- Enhance your network monitoring. You should pay close attention to any unusual abnormalities or problems to protect your network. Monitoring your network consistently to catch any vulnerabilities to prevent a cyberattack is vital.
- Install malware and antivirus protections. Every company can benefit from installing antivirus software. Antivirus software will assess downloaded applications or data that has been transferred to the network to ensure that there is no malicious malware. The system can detect and prevent cybercrimes by identifying phishing attempts against an employee through websites, emails, and other cyberattacks. In addition, you should update your software often.
As you can see, there are numerous security strategies that you can use to safeguard your company’s network. At Port Security Services, our cyber security team is prepared to help protect and improve your network security. Contact us today to learn how we can help prevent cyberattacks and data breaches.