Unfortunately, with the rise of technological advancements, cyber-attacks are becoming more and more frequent. As a result, it is essential that you consider the implementation of cyber security services if you believe you are being threatened. A cyber security officer can help you. Give Port Security Services a call today to discuss the details of your situation and the best course of action for you. We are on your side.
Why should I consider cyber security services?
Instances of cyber-attacks have never been so frequent. There are several risks related to cyberattacks, which is why it is in your best interest to be mindful of the terms attributed to them. The most common include the following:
- Hacker, attacker, or intruder: These are words that normally relate to individuals who are trying to exploit weaknesses in software and computer systems for their own gain. Even though their choices can be just curious, they are still in breach of the systems that they are intruding. There are two consequences that can come from this: sheer mischief (making a virus with no intentionally negative impact) malicious activity (stealing or altering information), and malicious action (stealing or modifying information)
- Malicious code: In some cases, this is referred to as malware and can include any code that can be used to attack your computer. Viruses and worms can be malicious code. Malicious code generally has the following characteristics:
- It could permit you to actually do something before it infects your computer – for example, an email attachment or a link to a web page.
- Some kinds of malicious code develop without user intervention and start by exploiting the vulnerability. Once the victim’s computer has been affected, the malicious code will try to find and infect other computers. This code can also reproduce via email, websites, or network-based software.
- Some malicious code acts as one thing while in reality, they are doing something completely different. For instance, a program that alleges it will speed up your computer may really be transmitting confidential information to a remote hacker.
It is important that you recognize these elements of hackers and malicious code in order to recognize a potential cyber attack. If you suspect that you are at risk, it is in your best interest to meet with a qualified cyber security expert with extensive knowledge on how to guard your information and devices by prevention, detection, and response. Contact Port Security Services to learn more about how we can best help you.
Contact Us Today
Since 2003, Port Security Services has kept clients safe in all types of security situations utilizing our vast resources and our team of over 100 specialists to provide traditional and modern assistance wherever it is needed. Contact us today.