In today’s day, people have their entire lives embedded into their computers and devices. With that being said, it is critical that we are prepared for cyberattacks to ensure that our personal information is not altered or destroyed. Contact us today to speak with one of our skilled cyber security experts to learn more about cyber security and how you can best protect yourself and your devices.
What are the risks and terms associated with cyber security attacks?
It is important to understand the risks involved with cyber attacks and to be aware of the terminology that is associated with them. The most common terms that are associated with cyber attacks include and are not limited to:
- Hacker, attacker, or intruder: These are terms that refer to people who are looking to exploit weaknesses in software and computer systems for their own gain. Even though their intentions can be just curious, they are still in violation of the systems that they are invading upon. There are two results that can come from this: mere mischief (creating a virus with no deliberately negative impact) to malicious activity (stealing or altering information), and malicious activity (stealing or modifying information)
- Malicious code: This is sometimes referred to as malware and can include any code that can be used to attack your computer. Viruses and worms can be malicious code. Malicious code typically has the following characteristics:
- It might allow you to actually do something before it infects your computer – such as an email attachment or a link to a web page.
- Some forms generate without user intervention and begin by exploiting the vulnerability. Once the victim’s computer has been affected, the malicious code will try to find and infect other computers. This code can also reproduce via email, websites, or network-based software.
- Some malicious code pretends to be one thing while in reality, they are doing something completely different. For instance, a program that alleges it will speed up your computer may really be transferring confidential information to a remote intruder.
These are all important things to be aware of when looking out for cyber attacks. However, the most important thing you can do is meet with a skilled cyber security expert with expansive knowledge on how to protect your information and devices by prevention, detection, and response. Contact Port Security Services today to learn more.
Why should I consider a cyber security expert?
You may face threats against your computers, servers, and more, as a business or an individual. The consequences of cyber attacks can be detrimental. They can cause your entire system to be erased, your files can be altered, someone can use your computer to attack others, and you can have credit card fraud and identity stolen. While there is no guarantee for complete protection, Port Security Services can provide you with key insight on how to best protect you and your belongings.
Contact Us Today
Port Security Services is honored to be known as the best security operation in the United States. As experts in corporate, governmental, and personal high-level security, Port Security Services is the leader in technological advances and methods that protect clients and their interests. Since 2003, we have kept clients safe in all types of security situations utilizing our vast resources and our team of over 100 specialists to provide traditional and modern assistance wherever it is needed. Contact Port Security today.